Re: [equinox-dev] [prov] peer-to-peer downloads (ECF)

Scott,
thanks for the pointer and info.

To implement the described use case (all clients in the lan need to pull something from the wan) I was thinking to something different (maybe simpler?) than mirroring. My first idea was a sort of "cooperative download", that is each client ask its peers on the lan if they are already downloading a give file from the wan and eventually waits for the file to become available on the lan. I don't (yet) have an in-depth knowledge of ECF, but -given its scope- my hope is that this scenario could be "easily" set up.

Does all this make sense?

Thanks and best regards,
Sandro

Back to the top