[equinox-dev] [p2] UI priorities for M3

Hi, everyone.
One of the goals for M3 is to try to define the conent/scope of our 3.4 deliverable.  So I'm trying to balance our desire to resolve unknowns with getting current workflows more polished.  I'm interested in the community's feedback on the current M3 UI plan, which currently includes

- improving the install/uninstall/update workflow by providing more info (size, time, invalid states, etc.)
- polling for software updates and notifying the user
- improved support for browsing repos (IU categories and filtering)
- more info in admin artifact repo views

(You can see the expanded detail at http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox_p2_User_Interface#Milestone_plan).

This is a rather aggressive plan but still does not address some other big UI items, most notably
- UI for rollback
- presentation of licenses

So if you have opinions on the pressing issues and priorities in the UI, please let me know via this list, or annotating bugs you care about, etc....

thanks,
susan

Back to the top