[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [equinox-dev] [p2] UI priorities for M3
- From: Thomas Watson <tjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 14:32:57 -0500
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
There is a proposal for a new Bundle-License manifest header that will be considered for the next release of the OSGi specification. We will need to monitor this RFC #125 to ensure that it meets our needs for presentation of licenses in p2. This is not an immediate concern for p2 but we need to make sure the proposal is something we can use in the future.
Susan M Franklin---10/02/2007 01:57:50 PM---Hi, everyone.
Susan M Franklin/Beaverton/IBM@IBMUS
10/02/2007 01:57 PM
[equinox-dev] [p2] UI priorities for M3
One of the goals for M3 is to try to define the conent/scope of our 3.4 deliverable. So I'm trying to balance our desire to resolve unknowns with getting current workflows more polished. I'm interested in the community's feedback on the current M3 UI plan, which currently includes
- improving the install/uninstall/update workflow by providing more info (size, time, invalid states, etc.)
- polling for software updates and notifying the user
- improved support for browsing repos (IU categories and filtering)
- more info in admin artifact repo views
(You can see the expanded detail at http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox_p2_User_Interface#Milestone_plan).
This is a rather aggressive plan but still does not address some other big UI items, most notably
- UI for rollback
- presentation of licenses
So if you have opinions on the pressing issues and priorities in the UI, please let me know via this list, or annotating bugs you care about, etc....
equinox-dev mailing list