Re: [equinox-dev] How to start a RMI service in a bundle of Equinox

On Tuesday 12 December 2006 10:20, jiang_jian wrote:
> I think the URL is specified at the client code,but my bundle just want to
> start the rmi service during OSGi invoke the bundle's Activator.start()
> method. Maybe I didn't understand what your meaning is.

The original stacktrace shows that you were trying to BIND a RemoteServer to
the Registry, and that the bundle activator doesn't have access to the
org.shuyaji.workflow.api.client.rmi.RMIEngineImpl_Stub class, which happens at

   org.shuyaji.workflow.WorkflowService.start(WorkflowService.java:79)

> Another point,when I start the RMI service by invoking the start method
> of my Activator class in its main function(not the case in OSGi),there
> isn't any exception throws.

You need to provide information which classes sits in which bundles, to fully
answer that question.
My gut feeling guess is, RMIEngineImpl_Stub sits in a different bundleA than
WorkflowService in bundleB and that bundleA does not export package
org.shuyaji.workflow.api.client.rmi or bundleB doesn't import that package.
Could also be that the RMIEngineImpl_Stub class is not around at all.

Cheers
Niclas

Back to the top