Re: [equinox-dev] Possible problem with classloaders

This question should be asked on the equinox newsgroup.

Short answer:  You should use the URL Handlers Service Specification from Chapter 11 of the OSGi R4 specification.  The org.eclipse.equinox.common bundle uses this approach to supply the "platform" protocol handlers as OSGi services.  You can look there for an example.  You should not use the java.protocol.handler.pks property.  Any packages specified there must exist on the application classpath.  Bundles are not available from the app classloader.

Tom

"AC" <newslists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

12/12/2006 07:09 AM

Please respond to

cc
Subject
[equinox-dev] Possible problem with classloaders

Hello,

I have some problems using equinox bundles and I am hoping somebody here can
point me to how to do it. I'm trying to implement a custom protocol handler
in an equinox bundle. I'm
iving  -Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=org.ac.net.protocols containing the
protocol package as a VM-Argument. Somehow java still doesn't find this
package and gives me an  java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol:
... . I guess I have some problems with the classloaders again but cannot
find how to do it correctly. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Christian Hager