Re: [equinox-dev] Possible bug in ServiceTracker

On Monday 22 May 2006 23:22, Thomas Watson wrote:
> It looks like you have an extra space in you filter string before the last
> ')'
>
> String filterString = "(" + Constants.OBJECTCLASS + "=" +
> Content.class.getName() + " )";
>
> We do not trim the trailing spaces on the string when doing string
> matching.  It may be nice to trim the trailing spaces but I'm not sure if
> that is allowed by the spec.

Extra eyeballs indeed do a lot of difference. I guess one stares oneself blind
after a while.

I checked the spec as well, the spaces are significant in the value, but
leading and trailing spaces in the key must be ignored (p. 31).

Thanks a lot, and sorry for the noise...

Niclas Hedhman

Back to the top