Re: [epp-dev] Moving a package to Java 11 as requirement

On Sun, Mar 1, 2020 at 8:28 PM Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 9:27 AM Daniel Megert <daniel_megert@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
No, it is not OK for the same arguments mentioned before.

Can you please remind those arguments? I'm curious about which ones apply to typical Corrosion target audience.
Also -and without any offense but more to clarify who has influence/authority on EPP project as it's facing a transition-, I'm curious about whether your opinion as Planning Council member but non-EPP committers is to be considered as binding. WDYT?

Planning Council has no bigger right over EPP (compared to any other project) to say whether EPP project allows some of its deliverables to require Java 11. It was specifically discussed at the last Planning council and we agreed on that https://wiki.eclipse.org/Planning_Council/2020-02-05#Notes . This is a decision which should be driven by the EPP project committers together with the not-yet-elected lead.