Re: [epp-dev] Dark Theme Versions of EPP Packages

Yes, I don't think we should do this at download time. Also dark mode is not quite ready. In particular it is not that good on macOS.

I think a good approach would be in line with what Liviu suggested. Detect dark mode[1] when starting up for the first time, switch to it and ask the user whether she or he would like to keep the setting.

[1] https://stackoverflow.com/questions/25207077/how-to-detect-if-os-x-is-in-dark-mode
--
Torkild Ulvøy Resheim
Senior Software Engineer at Itema AS

> 28. jan. 2019 kl. 20:54 skrev Doug Schaefer <dschaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> What Fred said. The "newer IDE" you cite, VSCode, doesn't offer the choice at download time. But the option to change it is in the top level Settings menu, easier to find. Also the Genuitec Darkest Dark theme does what Fred suggests.
>
> Also, I'm not sure our dark theme support is ready for prime time yet. I know one set of plug-ins that I'm intimately familiar that still end up with dark text on dark background. Mind you, it works in Darkest Dark theme...
>
> Doug.
[snip]