Re: [epp-dev] Photon RC4 EPP packages

> It wasn't caught by any package maintainer for months, because it's not so extremely bad and the issues it causes (bad pinning in OS bars, openFile hack...) are not part of the "inner" value of a package that's usually tested by package maintainers, but still it causes a reduced quality and we're about to ship it to millions of users while a decent patch is available...

I think it would have been better if this was caught back in the day when the initial change in appName was made. It sounds like we are being rushed from one change into another because of lack of understanding of the larger effects of such a change.

Given these circumstances I think it's a good idea to revert the appName back to the same value that was used for Oxygen.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://guw.io/