Re: [epp-dev] Photon RC4 EPP packages

On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 7:28 PM, Markus Knauer <mknauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In case of bug 535504 I would prefer to learn about the opinion of others, especially of the package maintainers.

FWIW, this is a bug, which has visible impact and is a regression compared to Oxygen.
It wasn't caught by any package maintainer for months, because it's not so extremely bad and the issues it causes (bad pinning in OS bars, openFile hack...) are not part of the "inner" value of a package that's usually tested by package maintainers, but still it causes a reduced quality and we're about to ship it to millions of users while a decent patch is available...
As a package maintainer for Rust and/or _javascript_ (I think I'm marked as maintainer on at least one of them), I would approve avoiding this regression and merging that patch that sets the appName of the product to the recommended value as per Eclipse Platform documentation.
--
Mickael Istria