Re: [epp-dev] Java package

Love it +1. I think we have enough amateur product managers in the crowd to come up with something good. And Wayne is a master cat herder. :)

From: Mike Milinkovich [mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2014 3:21 PM
To: Doug Schaefer; Eclipse Packaging Project
Subject: Re: [epp-dev] Java package

On 05/05/2014 2:25 PM, Doug Schaefer wrote:
There's also confusion about who is in charge of these decisions. EPP has been set up as a project, which generally means the committers decide. But I think the EPP has grown beyond solving simple download size and content requirements to become the face of the Eclipse IDE. Having clear product management is critical. And of course, by tradition, us engineers will fuss and figure we know better :), but these are important things to decide.

My proposal is that we ask Wayne Beaton to lead a process of consensus-building at the Architecture Council. As Richard Burcher comes up to speed, Wayne will be freed from spending as much time as he currently does with the day-to-day administration of the development process. I don't think Wayne has aspirations of becoming a product manager, but he does have lots of practice herding you cats to a consensus.

Thoughts?

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx