Re: [epp-dev] EPP Meeting Minutes

Here is my summarization of the process for building the EPP packages at is stands right now.

1) Generate a P2 repository for EPP
- Currently this is being done by hand by Markus on his local dev box by using a PDE build to create the P2 repo from the .product file he created

2) Run the startEPP35.sh script on build.eclipse.org which actually builds the packages for EPP
- I believe this is also run by Markus at the moment

3) Build the download page for the packages on download.eclipse.org
- Nathan does his magic

As I understand it the goal is to have steps 1 and 2 (and maybe 3) all be less of a hands on process. One thing I have been working on is looking into the Hudson setup for the Galileo build. Would it make sense to have steps 1 and 2 be jobs that can be run from Hudons?

I would also be interested in knowing more about the process of using a composite P2 repository for making the EPP packages. If it is not too hard to accomplish it seems like a good idea and since we are just now automating step 1 it seems like a good time to look at all our options.

gO'

Ian Skerrett wrote:

Attendees: Markus Knauer, Gabe O’Brien, Doug Schaefer, Peter Friese, Nathan Gervais, Ian Skerrett, Henrik LInberg and Thomas Holgram

Action Items:

   1. Ian to send an e-mail to the EPP mailing list that describes
      what the package maintainers need to do for their Galileo packages.
   2. Markus to continue working on the manual step to create the
      packages. The goal is that the M7 packages will be available for
      May 11
   3. Gabe and Markus will continue to work on the scripts. Markus
      will first review the patch Gabe submitted for the script.
   4. Henrik and Thomas to develop an automated build mechanism to
      create the packages.

Open question: Does the EPP project create its own repository or does it simply add content to the Galileo repository?

Next Meeting:

May 6, 2009

11amET/5pmCET

1-613-287-8000

1-866-362-7064

Passcode: 880932

Ian Skerrett

Director of Marketing

Eclipse Foundation

613-224-9461 ext. 227

blog: ianskerrett.wordpress.com <.wordpress>

twitter: https://twitter.com/ianskerrett