Re: [epp-dev] FW: EPP content wizard

One of the worry raised in the past was the maturity of the p2 installer as well as the lack of native integration [1]. Our position has not changed on that front and we really appreciate your improvement to the installer. That said, the installer is one thing but the runtimes aspects that go with enabling bundle pooling are also a worry. As such I would appreciate if the EPP wizard could be delivered with the provision that this is based on "early access" technology [1], thus matching the p2 and platform team statements. Is that ok?
Of course, I'm still very excited to the idea and eager to see it coming to life, especially since after heard about it for so long.

On another related issue with EPP and p2
Does that mean that the EPP downloads will also be created as a result of a p2 operation [2]? It seems to me that creating a "best of the breed" p2 enabled download, even though a disjoint effort, is as important, is not more for the user experience.

PaScaL

[1] http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/epp-dev/msg00207.html
[2] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox_p2_director_application

Inactive hide details for "Jeff McAffer" ---05/12/2008 01:46:08 PM---Sigh, this is a resend as the original did not seem to get"Jeff McAffer" ---05/12/2008 01:46:08 PM---Sigh, this is a resend as the original did not seem to get through…

"Jeff McAffer" <jeff@xxxxxxxxx>

<epp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

05/12/2008 01:46 PM