[epp-dev] EPP release review

Hi *,

here is some information about the next few steps. I hope you remember that we
discussed the fact of a Release Review in the past and we agreed to have it
in May (see http://www.eclipse.org/epp/plan.php).

* We need to go through a Release Review this year, because this time we are
shipping code with Ganymede (i.e. the Usage Data Collector). Our initial plan
was to have the review on May 28th, but it is now scheduled on May 20th by
the EMO (http://www.eclipse.org/projects/whatsnew.php)

* For the Release Review we need a complete IP Log that must be checked by
Eclipse Legal before. I compiled the IP Log today and sent it to the IP
team for review. They already approved the log. A copy can be found here:
http://www.eclipse.org/epp/project-info/eclipse-project-ip-log.csv

* I'll prepare the necessary Release Review Documentation (must be published
until next Tuesday) and send it to the mailing list for review, but it won't
be ready before Monday.

Ganymede:

* We need to have a written ramp down policy... something that is really
urgent and I'll come up with a proposal, probably on Monday.

* Ganymede M7: Today it's EPP day - in theory. I hope that the Ganymede update
site build is running and that we can have the final package builds on Monday
if all last-minute fixes are in. Ganymede M7 public access is scheduled on
Tuesday!

Thanks and regards
Markus

Back to the top