Re: [epp-dev] new installer code: first tests

Markus:
    This FAQ has instructions for logging verbose output to better debug the installer...
http://downloads.instantiations.com/RCPPackagerDoc/integration/latest/docs/html/faq/faq_0.html#verbose
http://downloads.instantiations.com/RCPPackagerDoc/integration/latest/docs/html/faq/faq_0.html
http://downloads.instantiations.com/RCPPackagerDoc/integration/latest/docs/html/faq/faq.html

Markus Knauer wrote:
Hi Andrey,

today I followed your description: I created the necessary directory
structure, exported the installer to the correct place, built the package
with the XSECompiler and added the extractor.exe executable with the
XSELinker.

Everything went well... then I switched to Windows XP and tried to install the
resulting package, but it failed with an unexpected error message (see
attached screenshot). I couldn't open the error details, nor could I find any
logfiles, so this screenshot is all I can provide.

Do you have any idea what went wrong?

Thanks and regards
Markus

 Dan Rubel
 Chief Technology Officer
 Instantiations, Inc.
 412-492-9536 (land line)
 412-400-7567 (cell)
 http://www.instantiations.com

 Author: "Eclipse: Building Commercial Quality Plug-ins"
 Addison-Wesley, June 2004, ISBN: 0321228472
 http://www.awprofessional.com/title/0321228472
 http://www.qualityeclipse.com/

Back to the top