From: epp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:epp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Markus Knauer
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2007 7:48 PM
To: 'Eclipse Packaging Project'
Subject: [epp-dev] new installer code: first tests

Hi Andrey,

today I followed your description: I created the necessary directory
structure, exported the installer to the correct place, built the package
with the XSECompiler and added the extractor.exe executable with the
XSELinker.

Everything went well... then I switched to Windows XP and tried to install
the resulting package, but it failed with an unexpected error message (see
attached screenshot). I couldn't open the error details, nor could I find
any logfiles, so this screenshot is all I can provide.

Do you have any idea what went wrong?

Thanks and regards
Markus

Back to the top