[epf-dev] Minutes of EPF meeting Wed Aug 5, 8am PDT

Attendees:

Andrew Maselli
Ricardo Balduino
Jim Ruehlin
Ana Pereira

1. Status of bugzillas
Discussed status of content freeze for Aug 10.  Library seems to be in good shape.
- Jim, Andrew, and Ricardo have done all bugzillas assigned to them.
- Bruce reports that overall the library seems to be in good shape for the core content freeze for Aug 10.

2. proposed slot name changes (software design and software implementation to technical design and technical implementation)

        - Ana, Bruce, Ricardo and Andrew had no objections.
        - Jim raised the concern that these slots may be too general, and that this may mean that in future too many work products fill those slots
        - Bruce noted that this issue was discussed when slots were first proposed.  Some solutions proposed were "subslots" and "tagging".  Peter Haumer
        proposed that tagging should be the means to filter the slot contents down to the relevant subset for a task.  Because we have few work products, we haven't
        properly explored this solution.
        - Jim suggested we go ahead with the change, but revisit in our architecture before the next release.
3. Status of the agile business rules practice and what to do with it

        - Bruce noted that this practice needs some work to publish correctly, and that its style is quite different than other practices.
        - Bruce will contact the author (Jerome Boyer) to determine whether he can address these concerns.
4. status of scrum plug-in work

        - Ana noted that Scott wanted small practices, so she has created a new proposal with 9 practices, uploaded a ppt with the plug-ins, and a zip of the practice library and a published library.  She would appreciate feedback on what she has done so far, before finishing the text for the practices.
5. Additional items:
        - Bruce noted that there are many unusual characters in the library (curly quotes for example), mostly coming from Word copy and paste.  Probably won't fix for this release, since
much of the content has already been sent for translation.
6. Meeting adjourned at 8:35amPST

Back to the top