[epf-dev] FVE Project Manager: EPF + dotProject

Hello,

we want to introduce a new application related with dotProject and EPF Composer. Its name is FVE Project Manager. We've developed it as our computer science degree ending project. Is Open Source and completely free. FVE Project Manager is a dotProject (Project Management Tool) modification in order to insert new features to it. This new features are basically two: EPF Composer project definition import (from XML file) and SVN (subversion) support for projects. dotProject graphical interface is respected so if you have already used it, you will feel comfortable with FVE.

FVE Project manager is not a new module for dotProject. It's a modification of it. We are conscious that this could be worse in order to integrate with an existing deployment of dotProject, but we wanted to implement a close relation between dotProject default elements and FVE new features, such as new tasks or projects information, subversion access, etc. We would like to change FVE Project manager to make it work as a default dotProject module, and this will be a prioritary aspect in future.

Theses processes can be exported in EPF Composer into an XML file. FVE Project Manager can import these XML files and create a new project which contents all the information created in EPF Composer. You will be able to work with these projects as if they were standard dotProject projects, but with all new EPF features such as workproducts, templates or roles information. In this version you can import roles, workproducts, template data, tasks (iterations, activity...), and relations between them.

Apart of it, Subversion (SVN) is a version control system used to maintain current and historical versions of files such as source code, web pages, and documentation. We integrate this system in FVE Project Manager so you can manage the files of your project using a version control system.

We would like you to test this application in your systems and help us to improve all the features where bugs may exists.

You can find FVE Project Manager source files, application and installation manuals and demo apps at the next url: www.fvesolutions.es

Thank you very much for your help.
FVE Solutions team.
http://www.fvesolutions.es

So... this is all. We post this message in this list because we consider very related with the EPF list, and doesn´t know other tools similar. Any comments, suggestions and tests are welcome.

Back to the top