[epf-dev] Jump-start OpenUP projects with ProjectKoach - a free project management tool

Hi all,

Congratulations to everybody involved in the development of EPF and thanks for a great software process product!

GOOD Software is taking strides towards enabling our tools to support OpenUP and EPF integration, and I wanted to share with the EPF community our way of trying to bring OpenUP to software projects.

We have just released ProjectKoach 2007.2, which is the first version exclusively targeted for OpenUP projects.

ProjectKoach is a good fit for OpenUP projects in general and provides out-of-the-box support for the project’s Work Items List and Iteration Plans.

In addition, this new release also features OpenUP project templates and is bundled with an OpenUP configuration tailored with tool mentors for the management tasks, which makes “following OpenUP” straight-forward.

With ProjectKoach, creating an OpenUP project is a simple matter of selecting a suitable project template. Once created, the Smart Process feature provides active context-based guidance to planning the project’s iterations and tasks.

There is a white paper that describes how ProjectKoach supports OpenUP in more detail at www.projectkoach.com/papers/ProjectKoachOpenUP_whitepaper.pdf

ProjectKoach is absolutely *free* for unlimited use, and can be downloaded at www.projectkoach.com

With Best Regards,

Bjorn Gustafsson