[epf-dev] IMPORTANT - General Package M8 Plan

Hi general package contributor,

I need your help to get an effective M8 planning meeting on Monday March
30 at 9 am (PST). The telecon is scheduled (recurring) in Yahoo calendar.

I am temporarily stepping in for Steve Adolph as package owner, which I
see as a very interesting opportunity and look forward to doing. For this
to work out as smoothly and effectively as possible I would like to
encourage you all to help out with stabilizing current production to
ensure that we deliver OpenUP with as few open general bugs as possible.
Because the release is coming up very soon, I suggest that our strategy is
to address and stabilize the current list of bugs before adding new bugs,
unless very critical bugs are identified.

This email has also been sent to all the people who I can see are involved
in the general package in some way, i.e. who has reported, resolved and/or
verified bugs or whose name appear in the bug list.

Currently there are a number of open bugs (31 bugs) which I propose that
we focus on in M8. Some of them are new and/or not yet assigned. Some are
very old and assigned but not yet resolved. Some are open for other
reasons. There are 10 bugs that are preliminary assigned to me as the
package owner, but I have not accepted them yet as I believe that some of
them probably will be more effectively resolved by the people who reported
them or who have been involved in this project for a long time. The bug
list is enclosed.

I would like to ask you to please take a look at this list of bugs and let
me know which one(s) you can commit to resolving either in M8 or possibly
M9. Especially, I would like to ask people who have reported bugs if they
can take the responsibility for resolving them. If not, please send us an
email where you suggest an appropriate candidate for doing the job.

I would appreciate if you could plan your commitments before Sunday (5 pm
PST) and send your plan to this list or by replying to me so that I can
compile the plan before the meeting on Monday. In this way, we can focus
on confirming the M8 plan during the meeting which should not take longer
than 15 minutes if everyone has done this.

Did I miss anything or anyone? Please let us know. I appreciate all the
help I can get to move forward.

Thanks in advance!

Looking forward to getting great work done,
Jaana