Re: [epf-dev] tool integration, artifact tracking, etc.?

Absolutely, Greg. IBM Rational's Portfolio Manager is addressing exactly these needs.  Check out the resources below.  Also make sure to visit us a the Rational User Conference (http://www-306.ibm.com/software/rational/events/rsdc2007/) were we announce great new extensions to these capabilities.

Exploring Rational Method Composer and Rational Portfolio Manager integration
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/ar-rmcrpm/

Sarbanes-Oxley compliance with IBM Rational Method Composer and IBM Rational Portfolio Manager
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/jan07/mckenna/

PRJ310: Integrating IBM Rational Portfolio Manager and IBM Rational Method Composer
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/06/prj310/

Thanks and best regards,
Peter Haumer.

PETER HAUMER, Dr. rer. nat.
Rational Method Composer | Eclipse Process Framework
Rational Software | IBM Software Group
Tel.: +1 (408) 463-5096

"Sullivan, Gregory \(US SSA\)" <gregory.sullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/24/2007 06:41

Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List        <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[epf-dev] tool integration, artifact tracking, etc.?

Please excuse the naïve questions, but I’m new to EPF.

Is there a framework for integrating tools (Eclipse-based or otherwise) with processes produced using EPF?  Or for tracking artifacts produced while following an EPF-generated process?  Or for tracking progress / adherence to a process?

It seems like it should be possible to, in conjunction with an EPF-generated process, answer questions such as, “What are the detailed requirements for this system?”, “What tasks should be being worked on now, and which are overdue?”, “When was this use case developed?”, “What tests validate this requirement?”, etc.

The process should serve as a workflow and an organizer of activities and artifacts as they are performed and produced, respectively, over the course of a project.  That is, the process should serve as an “active” tool rather than a static document.

With all the technical wizardry apparent in the EPF tool, I’m sure you people are way ahead of me on this, and I would appreciate any information and pointers you can give me.

Thanks much.
--Greg
--
Gregory T. Sullivan, Ph.D.
BAE Systems Advanced Information Technologies

gregory.sullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx