[epf-dev] Contributing to OpenUP via the Wiki

Some of us have been discussing the ramifications of using the wiki (in
its current form) for content development. In order to conform to open
source guidelines and legal stuff, here are some initial suggestions for
leveraging that tool, at least until the wiki contribution has been
accepted. These are just initial thoughts so comments are encouraged.

*	Contributions can't be made to EPF by modifying the wiki.
Contributors can post content and comments to the wiki, but it must be
attached to a bugzilla entry before it's considered officially
contributed.
*	Since Committers can commit directly to CVS, they have the
option of harvesting something directly from the wiki and placing it
into CVS (via EPF Composer).
*	Any bugzilla entries that are being discussed in the wiki must
have a link to the appropriate wiki page.

The wiki isn't meant to replace any of our existing techniques for
developing content (yet). Personally, I consider this an exciting
experiment and I hope we can incorporate it into our standard way of
doing business soon. Until then we need to make sure we follow the
appropriate behavior for being open source, so all discussions need to
be open to anyone who wishes to participate.

Thanks,

- Jim

Jim Ruehlin, IBM Rational

RUP Content Developer