[epf-dev] EPF 1.0 is released!

Team,

we shold be very proud over what we have accomplished. Today, EPF 1.0 went out, see http://www.eclipse.org/epf/downloads/tool/epf1.0_downloads.php, and I think it is an important milestone for the industry. I am convinced, as are many of you, that EPF will radically change the whole dynamics of the process landscape. It will help drive unification and collaboration of software best practices as never before, which will help accelerate industry adoption of practices known to impove productivity and quality.

Interesting project statistics:

- We have closed 895 bugs and enhancements

- 36 different people have owned a bug

- We have had 6 face-to-face meetings with more than 100 participants in total

- We have 27 committers and 13 contributors from 16 organizations listed in the IP log <More than that have added value>

- We have made 21,441 committs to CVS

What did we accomplish

- We built a strong developer community

- We have made significant progress towards building a strong end user and value-add communities

- We have built a very stable and mature EPF Composer

- We have produced a strong OpenUP/Basic

- We graduated from the incubation phase to the implementation phase

EPF Next Steps

With this release, we have laid the foundation for the next important steps for EPF
- We can now expand to cover also other process. XP, Scrum, Agile Modeling, DSDM are all jumping on the bits...

- We can now expand OpenUP content beyond OpenUP/Basic to focus on value-add content around MDD, GUI prototyping, database modeling, deployment, etc.

- As more on more processes are available in EPF, we can leverage each other's content. Maybe there is good stuff in XP that we can bring over to OpenUP, etc.

- Further expand on the tooling capabilities, covering capabilities such as Wiki.

- Expand the community, gaining more direct involvement and feedback from end user, universities, adopting organizations, and others.

Again, thanks for all your hard work, it's been a pleasure! Open source works...

Cheers

Per Kroll
Project Lead: Eclipse Process Framework
Rational Software, IBM Corp