[epf-dev] Tue 10/3 meeting 8 AM PDT: Next steps: Short term and long term

Hi,

we have some short term issues we need to discuss to round up our EPF 1,0 release, and we need to set direction for next release. I think this will be a useful meeting for all active participants to attend, and as a minimum, Package Owners:

1) Short term - All our getting started material is out of date, see http://www.eclipse.org/epf/general/getting_started.php
a) Recorded demos of OpenUP are old, showing Basic Unified Process
b) Papers needs to be updated to relfect OpenUP, next steps, EPF 1.0
c) We have no demo scripts, or similar
d) We need to clean up and consolidate presentation material on OpenUP and EPF Composer, so people can present to their own teams...
=> I would like to discuss who can help out, and how we can make tangible progress in this area this week. Note that we changed OpenUP to point to the link below, so we need to get the info on that link updated asap....

2) Longer term - We need to agree on what is the long term focus for our team. Please bring your ideas, but here is a list ot get you started:
- Expand to cover also other process. XP, Scrum, Agile Modeling, DSDM are all jumping on the bits...
- Expand OpenUP content beyond OpenUP/Basic to focus on value-add content around MDD, GUI prototyping, database modeling, deployment, etc.
- As more and more processes are available in EPF, we can leverage each other's content. Maybe there is good stuff in XP that we can bring over to OpenUP, etc.
- Further expand on the tooling capabilities, covering capabilities such as Wiki.
- Expand the community, gaining more direct involvement and feedback from end user, universities, adopting organizations, and others.

Time:
Tue 10/3, 8-9 AM PDT

Toll-free dial-in: 1-877-421-0003
Toll dial-in: 1-770-615-1374