Re: [epf-dev] Why can't I attach a copy of a white paper to theguidance type "white paper"

This is indeed the work around.  Where the field is truly missing is the Whitepaper kind.

For the others, we actually discussed this and decided not to provide such an attachment field on purpose.  One goal for EPF Composer was that it should maintain all documentation using one style, look and feel.  Having such a field would just encourage people to attach any source.  Past experience showed us that people end up with most of their processes in Word documents attached in various places using arbitrary formats and worse, arbitrary templates to organize the content.   Also searching become impossible if half of your material is in some proprietary binary format.  If you really want to go the "lazy" you can embed them using the File import Ana described.

Thanks and best regards,
Peter Haumer.

PETER HAUMER, Dr. rer. nat.
Rational Method Composer | Eclipse Process Framework
Rational Software | IBM Software Group
Tel.: +1 408 863-8716

"Ana Paula Valente Pereira" <apereira@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/26/2006 04:58

Please respond to
Ana.Pereira@xxxxxxxxxxx; Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List" <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [epf-dev] Why can't I attach a copy of a white paper to         theguidance type "white paper"

I had the same problem... but if you make a link of type FILE in the main
description the white paper will be attached... I use this mechanism to
present a serie of white papers on the same subject

best regards

Ana Pereira