Re: [epf-dev] merge or seperate PM guidelines

Jochen,

I would merge them. I find it confusing when we split what I see as one topic into several guidelines, it makes the process disjoint.

I have a lot of opinions on the previously attached guideline. I do not like the different iteration length, and I would e.g. be careful about pushing for the time distribution data in that guideline, since it varies so much from project to project.

Also, we need to make sure that the phases comes across as a tool to aid in how to break down the big problem solved within the project, into a set of smaller problems, solved serially be a series of iterations. Phases are not something planned separately, but an aid in how to break down the problem, while also serving the benefit of providing mgmt insights to the project.

Cheers

Per Kroll
STSM, Manager Methods: RUP / RMC
Project Lead: Eclipse Process Framework
Rational Software, IBM Corp
408-342-3815

Jochen Krebs/New York/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/01/2006 04:35 PM

Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[epf-dev] merge or seperate PM guidelines

Hi,

we have closed bug for guideline "planning project" and we have an additional "plan project phases" which I attached.

Do we want to keep the two guidelines seperate or have them merged  together in one guideline?

Joe
[attachment "Guideline- Plan Project Phases v2.doc" deleted by Per Kroll/Cupertino/IBM] _______________________________________________
epf-dev mailing list
epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx