[epf-dev] Notes from PM call today

Hi folks, this is what I captured during our PM call today. Joe Krebs will also post the feedback he got during meeting.

Participants:
Per Kroll, Kurt Sand, Joe Krebs, Russell Pannone, Ricardo Balduino
  • Revisited Task Plan the Project. Comments previously done by Ricardo were addressed by Joe.
        Decision: Joe will send out a revised version of this task for additional feedback.

        (suggestion - not discussed during call, but my interpretation) Joe/Chris to move this Bugzilla entry to 'Verified', as first round of review occurred

Feedback to the risk related items by Joe Krebs

  • Concept Milestone: - PM uses the term Milestone also between iterations..."Any" checkpoint.
        Decision: Ricardo to revisit concept page to include discussion around intermediate milestones
  • Template Risk-List: - suggested a phase column, so that risks can be assigned to a specific phase. For example, architectural risk -> Elaboration.
        Discussion: iterations guide execution, better if we'd assign to an iteration
        Decision: no need for a column because you don't assign the risk to an iteration (or phase), but the mitigation of a risk is addressed during an iteration; objectives for iteration (in iteration plan) could say which risks are being addressed in that iteration, and tasks will delineate what actions (mitigation) to be performed by who.
  • Checklist Risk:   How to address:
                - Risk Ambiguity
        - Risk Inter-Dependency
        Decision: these topics should be introduced in a guideline or concept page first, then reinforced in checklist.
        Ricardo to revisit risk related guidance to see where those definitions fit.

More actions:
- Volunteers to review attachments in bugs using Word tracking feature and attaching commented doc back to the corresponding Bugzilla entry.
- Kurt Sand volunteered to review list of PM bugs (text written by Per and Ricardo) by mid next week
- Next PM call (one week from today) should effectively focus on comments posted by reviewers and allow us to move bugs to 'Verified' state.

Participants, please add/modify anything I may have missed/misinterpreted.

Cheers,

Ricardo Balduino
Senior Software Engineer

IBM - RUP Team | EPF Committer