From: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Per Kroll
Sent: Friday, April 14, 2006 2:19 PM
To: Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List
Cc: 'Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List'; pbk@xxxxxxxxxx; epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [epf-dev] Offer to host May 16 - 18th EPF Face to Face in Vancouver

Thanks Steve / Philippe / UBC for your generous offer to host in next meeting in Vancouver. Did somebody say Sushi?

0) If there are other offers to host, please let me know asap. Also note that we plan to have a European F2F in early June, date TBD.

1) Can I please ask everybody with an interest in attending a May 16-18 in Vancouver to send me a note?

2) Also let me know if you would like to attend, but only if it is somewhere else (such as on east coast, etc). It will give me an idea of to what extent location matters, and where to try to have it next time.

I would like to close on location on our EPF meeting on Tue.

Thanks

Per Kroll
STSM, Manager Methods: RUP / RMC
Project Lead: Eclipse Process Framework
Rational Software, IBM Corp
408-342-3815

"steve" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/13/2006 03:59 PM

Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"'Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List'" <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

pbk@xxxxxxxxxx

Subject

[epf-dev] Offer to host May 16 - 18th EPF Face to Face in Vancouver

Hi Guys:

I chatted with Philippe this morning to see if we can make the facilities of UBC available for our May 16th to 18th meeting and the answer is yes. So I want to offer UBC as the venue for our next face to face. We can provide multi media equipped seminar rooms for our plenary sessions and a number of other rooms for break-outs. In addition UBC has excellent wireless networking coverage.  We will not be able to host refreshments or food but can make catering available. Also there are numerous food services available on campus including…get this…a Starbucks located right in our facility J

There are numerous hotels available for accommodation a short drive (or taxi ride) from UBC. It also may be possible to provide some accommodation at UBC for those who prefer not to commute. We can expect room rates between 100 to 150 dollars CDN per night. I imagine that IBM may be able to negotiate favourable rates for accommodation. Also Vancouver is served by a large number of  air carriers (some of which are not bankrupt and even making a profit!)  and the airport is close to UBC and downtown (about a 25 to 30 $ CDN taxi ride). I should also point out the weather should be fairly pleasant in this time frame.

Also if we hold the face to face here in Vancouver, Philippe will be able to participate in some of the sessions.

I know we are trying to find a point midway between the east and west this time, but I still wanted to offer our facilities. The facilities are available and can accommodate our group. Also consider that UBC is not a “high security” environment and that we will be able to move about unescorted. Also UBC is just a really nice place in the late spring.

Also consider that Vancouver is a major tourist destination, great scenery, fabulous restaurants, and night life. Believe it or not, there will still be skiing up at Whistler-Blackcomb. So perhaps bring your partner along and make it a bit of a mini vacation.

Please let me know by the end of the business day on Monday if we will hold our next face to face (May 16th – 18th ) at UBC.

Best regards,
Steve Adolph_______________________________________________
epf-dev mailing list
epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

Telelogic Lifecycle Solutions:
Helping You Define, Design & Deliver Advanced Systems & Software
Learn More at www.telelogic.com

Chris Sibbald
Vice President, Standards and Technology
Telelogic North America Inc.
255 Albert Street, Suite 600
Ottawa
Ontario
K1P 6A9
Canada

Phone: +1 (613) 266 5061
Fax: +1 (613) 482 4538
Mobile phone: +1 (613) 266 5061

Chris.Sibbald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.telelogic.com

 Telelogic - Requirements-Driven Innovation!

The information contained in this e-mail, including any attachment or enclosure, is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential material. Any unauthorized use, review, retransmissions, dissemination, copying or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

Back to the top