[epf-dev] RE: VOTE: OpenUp => New name for BUP++ (Sigurd Hopen)

Per wrote:
>The reason for lowercase is to denote that we talk about a "small process".

>The reason for uppercase is to keep the connection to Unified Process,
>which still carries a lot of weight. Some people also think OpenUP looks
>better.

Sorry for getting late into this discussion. I'm in the UP camp. The
argument of "small process" is IMO not necessarily applicable to OpenUP as
this is the _framework_ of UP based processes, and I assume the intent is to
be able to create rather formal / large (a'la RUP) processes out of it as
well, if you want to. But the pre-made process (formerly BUP) will be
targeted small projects, and is by nature a "small process".

I think we better leverage the Unified Process brand if we use capital 'P'.

And, I'm in favor of OpenUP / Basic as opposed to OpenUP / BUP as the latter
duplicates the 'Unified Process' part of the acronyms.

Please disregard the above if this is too late in the naming / voting
process.

2 cents,
/Sigurd Hopen
2-Pro Mentor, Norway