From: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Donald Firesmith
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2006 12:41 PM
To: Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List
Subject: Re: [epf-dev] APG contribution

Chris,
My name is Donald Firesmith and I am the founding chair of the OPEN Process
Framework (OPF) Repository Organization.  I am in the process of trying to
donate the contents of our repository to the eclipse epf program as another
repository in addition to BUP and the Agile one.
That includes approximately 1,150 free, open source, reusable method
components.  Take a look at www.opfro.org to see the method components,
their structure, and their current metamodel.  We need to translate our
components (which are written in xhtml with .gif file and conform to the OPF
metamodel) into epf and SPEM compatible eml files.  Interested in helping
out?
Don Firesmith
OPFRO Chair
www.opfro.org

Chris.armstrong wrote:

>To All, well, apparently I missed the email that said I was supposed to
subscribe to the epf-dev mailing list, so that probably explains why I
haven't heard much about what's going on (and why EPF hasn't heard much from
me). As I indicated at the original commiters' meeting in Atlanta, APG is
very interested in making a contribution where ever it would most useful
(BUP, Agile, and/or meta-model).

>So, Brian, what's going on right now with BUP and how could I contribute?
>
>Scott, what's going on with Agile and how could I contribute?
>
>What about the meta-model subproject?
>
>I'm pretty sure there's something going on within the various subprojects
that I could help with. As I have limited bandwidth (like everybody else),
I'd like to contribute where it's needed the most. Any thoughts?

>Also, APG is planning on exhibiting at (and attending) the Agile 2006
conference in Minneapolis, so we'd be in a good position deliver whatever
EPF-related messaging might be appropriate.