Re: [emfindex-dev] Contributing the QVT Declarative Model Registry to EMF Index

Hi Jan

So to be honest, I currently see very little overlap between your meta-model registry and EMF Index, but it's likely I missed something.

I think we agree. This was rather my opinion when I tried to understand EMF Index before starting to formulate an EMF Registry proposal. Invited Sven amongst others to be a mentor. Sven felt that there was an overlap, so I pursued communication with the EMF Index project.

If you prefer, I will resurrect attempts to start an EMF Registry project.

However since locating models (EMF Registry) and exploiting them (EMF Index) is so complementary, users might appreciate it if we could combine the two functionalities in the one project. EMF Index will surely benefit from a more flexible approach to defining model location resolution. If nothing else, the name EMF Index appears to cover both functionalities. I suspect that if each project were to evolve independently the current clear functionlity distinction might blur, so a single project could be better at avoiding duplicate inconsistent GUIs and persistence.

   Regards

      Ed Willink

Back to the top