Re: [emf-dev] Re: your 3 Tuesday night builds did not run...

Not running? When did you see this problem, and on what server(s)?

Nick

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 4:22 PM, James Bruck <jbruck@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Nick,

Yes, doing the same for UML2 sounds good to me.
UML2 has been having some "apache's crontab doesn't run!"  issues so getting that cleared up is great!

Cheers,
- James.

Nick Boldt <nickboldt@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: emf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

12/03/2008 03:32 PM

Please respond to
Eclipse Modelling Framework  <emf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Eclipse Modelling Framework <emf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [emf-dev] Re: your 3 Tuesday night builds did not run...

> Nightly database updates sounds like a reasonable strategy.  If you
> don't object, I'll update the crontab to do -bugzonly on my components
> for 5.30 AM the day after my I-builds.  Having a sleeping-beauty
> process sounds like trouble ... it would look suspicious in ps and may
> be prone to getting killed.
Good plan.
> I don't need UI tests, that's right.  I'd be happy to play on the
> modeling server!  Does it exchange SDK dependencies and build results
> with emft?
No, that'd be another cron task we'd have to implement -- something like
an rsync between the two servers' downloads folders. However, I'm
thinking of moving EMF's build to modeling.eclipse anyway -- got it
working last night (including solving an elusive "apache's crontab
doesn't run!" bug.) You could ask James if he's interested in doing the
same for UML2.

--
Nick Boldt :: http://wiki.eclipse.org/User:Nickb
Release Engineer :: Eclipse Modeling & Dash CBI