Re: [emf-dev] Re: your 3 Tuesday night builds did not run...

Hi Nick,

Yes, doing the same for UML2 sounds good to me.
UML2 has been having some "apache's crontab doesn't run!"  issues so getting that cleared up is great!

Cheers,
- James.

Nick Boldt <nickboldt@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: emf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

12/03/2008 03:32 PM

Please respond to
Eclipse Modelling Framework  <emf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Eclipse Modelling Framework <emf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [emf-dev] Re: your 3 Tuesday night builds did not run...

> Nightly database updates sounds like a reasonable strategy.  If you
> don't object, I'll update the crontab to do -bugzonly on my components
> for 5.30 AM the day after my I-builds.  Having a sleeping-beauty
> process sounds like trouble ... it would look suspicious in ps and may
> be prone to getting killed.
Good plan.
> I don't need UI tests, that's right.  I'd be happy to play on the
> modeling server!  Does it exchange SDK dependencies and build results
> with emft?
No, that'd be another cron task we'd have to implement -- something like
an rsync between the two servers' downloads folders. However, I'm
thinking of moving EMF's build to modeling.eclipse anyway -- got it
working last night (including solving an elusive "apache's crontab
doesn't run!" bug.) You could ask James if he's interested in doing the
same for UML2.

--
Nick Boldt :: http://wiki.eclipse.org/User:Nickb
Release Engineer :: Eclipse Modeling & Dash CBI