Re: [egit-dev] Approaching release 3.6.0

On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 12:11 PM, Andreas Sewe <andreas.sewe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Matthias,

> EGit has a release train offset of +3, you can build against the
> stable-3.6 branch,
> build results for this branch are available here
> http://download.eclipse.org/egit/updates-stable-nightly

Ah, I thought you were at +2. But I don't think we will run into too
much trouble, even although we do depend (a tiny bit) on EGit.

Anyway, I will update the URL in our Mars target platform.

That being said, I assume updates-stable-nightly will publish 4.0
previews after 3.6 is officially out, right?

no, after 3.6 has been released we'll use updates-stable-nightly for potentially upcoming patches
which may deserve a 3.6.x service release. Work for 3.7 will continue on the master branch.
3.7 is planned for Feb 2015. Builds from the master branch are always available here
We fork master to the next version's stable-x branch at the time we submit the IP log
for review (usually 3-4 weeks before the release). This is announced here on this list.

I will setup another branch to allow starting to work on breaking changes for 4.0 soon
and add another build and update site for the work on 4.0.

--
Matthias

Back to the top