Re: [egit-dev] Workspace setput problem with Indigo / Jetty

Sorry guys, just back from some off-line vacations.
Comments in-line.

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 5:31 AM, Matthias Sohn
<matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2011/9/19 Matthias Sohn <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> 2011/9/19 Hugues Malphettes <hmalphettes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>>>
>>> Hi Jens and Mathias.
>>>
>>> I was hoping to reproduce the issue (and find a solution :) ). But it
>>> does not happen for me.
>>>
>>> Sorry this might be turning into the debug of the development setup for
>>> jgit.
>>> I unzipped a fresh install of Eclipse-PDE-Indigo from last June.
>>>
>>> I followed the steps
>>>
>>> http://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/Contributor_Guide#Development_IDE_Configuration
>>> with one difference: I installed jetty directly from the Indigo
>>> repository: "Jetty Target Components 7.4.2".
>>>
>>> Then I imported all the jgit projects. There is no compilation issue.
>>> Well, I did fight with org.hamcrest and ended-up adding
>>> Require-Bundle: org.hamcrest.core
>>> to the org.eclipse.jgit.test's MANIFEST.MF to solve the compilation
>>> errors in org.eclipse.jgit.diff.

OK here might be the explanation: back in 3.6 Jetty was packaging the
JUnit feature. That feature was moved to the eclipse platform repo for
3.7.
Maybe that causes the extra difficulty. Let me know if we need to
investigate further; although it should not be jetty related.

>> thanks for this hint, I will fix this dependency
>>>
>>> I am on IRC at freenode on the #jetty channel if someone wants to debug
>>> it live.
>>
>> After a restart of Eclipse my compile errors are gone so I probably had an
>> inconsistent build.
>> So I can confirm that using Jetty 7.4.2 from Indigo p2 repository
>> successfully compiles
>> all jgit bundles and tests.
>> But when trying to run the JGit HTTP tests
>>
>>  org.eclipse.jgit.http.test/org.eclipse.jgit.http--All-Tests.launch
>> the tests always hang on the second test case not regarding which tests
>> I select to be run as JUnit tests.
>> If I run the tests one by one they all succeed but I can't run all of them
>> in a sequence.
>> This used to work previously. Looks like test teardown doesn't work
>> anymore as expected.
>> The Jetty server used in the tests is started/stoppped in
>> HttpTestCase.setup()
>> and HttpTestCase.teardown().

I can reproduce that too.

> I did some more tests using the maven build
> org.eclipse.jgit.http.test/pom.xml
> which runs these tests and found that with the following Jetty versions the
> jgit http tests hang:
> 7.3.1.v20110307
> 7.4.2.v20110526
> while using these Jetty versions the tests work properly:
>   7.1.6.v20100715
>   7.2.2.v20101205
>   7.5.1.v20110908
> Hugues: Does this ring any bells ?

Thanks for trying out all those versions.
It does not ring a bell.

> As the pom.xml didn't specify the version so far the maven build used 7.5.1
> hence the JGit http tests succeeded from maven.
> I couldn't find 7.5.1.v20110908 in the p2 repo at
> http://download.eclipse.org/jetty/updates/jetty-bundles-7.x/
> hence I tried uninstalling 7.4.2 and installing 7.5.2 into Indigo
> but this fails with the following errors
> An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
> session context was:(profile=SDKProfile,
> phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=,
> action=).
> No repository found containing:
> osgi.bundle,org.eclipse.net4j.jms.api,3.0.1.v20110818-0811
> No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,com.mongodb,2.4.0.v20110704-1109
> No repository found containing:
> osgi.bundle,javax.activation,1.1.0.v201108011116
> No repository found containing:
> osgi.bundle,javax.security.auth.message,1.0.0.v201108011116
> I have no clue how to fix this installation issue.

Mongodb is a new orbit bundle, the other ones were updated.
With 7.5.1 we need to use Indigo-SR1 and the related orbit build.
I'll download and try to run the tests with Indigo-SR1 to confirm that
it fixes the installation issues.

Do you want us to work on making the tests work with 7.4.2?

Cheers,
Hugues
> --
> Matthias