Re: [egit-dev] Workspace setput problem with Indigo / Jetty

2011/9/19 Matthias Sohn <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
2011/9/19 Hugues Malphettes <hmalphettes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi Jens and Mathias.

I was hoping to reproduce the issue (and find a solution :) ). But it
does not happen for me.

Sorry this might be turning into the debug of the development setup for jgit.
I unzipped a fresh install of Eclipse-PDE-Indigo from last June.

I followed the steps
http://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/Contributor_Guide#Development_IDE_Configuration
with one difference: I installed jetty directly from the Indigo
repository: "Jetty Target Components 7.4.2".

Then I imported all the jgit projects. There is no compilation issue.
Well, I did fight with org.hamcrest and ended-up adding
Require-Bundle: org.hamcrest.core
to the org.eclipse.jgit.test's MANIFEST.MF to solve the compilation
errors in org.eclipse.jgit.diff.

thanks for this hint, I will fix this dependency

I am on IRC at freenode on the #jetty channel if someone wants to debug it live.

After a restart of Eclipse my compile errors are gone so I probably had an inconsistent build.
So I can confirm that using Jetty 7.4.2 from Indigo p2 repository successfully compiles
all jgit bundles and tests.

But when trying to run the JGit HTTP tests
           org.eclipse.jgit.http.test/org.eclipse.jgit.http--All-Tests.launch
the tests always hang on the second test case not regarding which tests
I select to be run as JUnit tests.

If I run the tests one by one they all succeed but I can't run all of them in a sequence.
This used to work previously. Looks like test teardown doesn't work anymore as expected.
The Jetty server used in the tests is started/stoppped in HttpTestCase.setup()
and HttpTestCase.teardown().

I did some more tests using the maven build org.eclipse.jgit.http.test/pom.xml
which runs these tests and found that with the following Jetty versions the
jgit http tests hang:
7.3.1.v20110307
7.4.2.v20110526

while using these Jetty versions the tests work properly:
  7.1.6.v20100715
  7.2.2.v20101205
  7.5.1.v20110908

Hugues: Does this ring any bells ?

As the pom.xml didn't specify the version so far the maven build used 7.5.1
hence the JGit http tests succeeded from maven.

I couldn't find 7.5.1.v20110908 in the p2 repo at
http://download.eclipse.org/jetty/updates/jetty-bundles-7.x/
hence I tried uninstalling 7.4.2 and installing 7.5.2 into Indigo
but this fails with the following errors

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
session context was:(profile="" phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=""> No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,org.eclipse.net4j.jms.api,3.0.1.v20110818-0811
No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,com.mongodb,2.4.0.v20110704-1109
No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,javax.activation,1.1.0.v201108011116
No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,javax.security.auth.message,1.0.0.v201108011116

I have no clue how to fix this installation issue.

--
Matthias

Back to the top