Re: [egit-dev] Google Summer School question

Hi Richard,

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 6:52 AM, Richard O. Legendi <richard.legendi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have heard of GSoC for the first time (I'm not familiar with the rules and
> involved processes either), and I am thinking of submitting an applicaton as
> a student for the summer.

Thank you for your interest in helping Eclipse!

> I was browsing last year's projects, and found you were involved in the
> project with EGit:
>
> http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/student_project/show/google/gsoc2010/eclipse/t127230758145

I think you meant to email Dariusz privately instead of emailing the egit-dev mailing list.

> I would like to ask if you are planning to participate it this year again.
> EGit is something I would happily work on the summer, and it seems a good
> opportunity.

I am not sure if Dariusz is planning to participate this year (I think he is out of school now). Regardless of whether he is participating or not, multiple students _can_ contribute to the same project at Eclipse. The _scope_ of the individual students' work should however not overlap (or only overlap in small ways). If we believe there is an issue, we will consider it on a case-by-case basis.

Once again, thank you for your interest in contributing to Eclipse!

Regards,
Remy

Remy Suen
Eclipse Platform/UI Committer