[egit-dev] Bugzilla principles

Hey,

another thing that came up today. Do we already have a set of principles how to use Bugzilla? From my expierence in the last years working on RAP and using the bugzilla there, we came up with several things that had done a good job in the past.

Things like:
* Always tag your fixed bugs with a Target Milestone to get a proper list of fixed things at the release date (eg. http://eclipse.org/rap/noteworthy/1.4/news_M1.php - there is a link to show all bugs for the M1 milestone). * Assign bugs to yourself when working on it and cc the global inbox. Assigning is a small problem is nobody else gets mail notifications on changes. That's why we set the rap-inbox as cc to bugs we assign to ourselves.

I think we should come up with some guidelines how to use bugzilla (if there are no already discussed) and write them down in the wiki.

Regards,
 Benny

Back to the top