Re: [egit-dev] Database error on push to EGit

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 12:00 PM, Shawn O. Pearce <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Zivkov, Sasa" <sasa.zivkov@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > What the heck is '1-1-1' from?
>> shows that the primary key consists of (change_id, patch_set_id, position)
> The counter is actually implemented by inserting a row into an auto
> increment table, and then deleting that row.  *Usually* this just
> bumps the counter.  But it seems MySQL reset it back to 0 at some
> point in recent history.  Maybe when webmaster restarted the server,
> during server startup they reinitialize the in-memory counter to
> MAX + 1?

According to bugs 199[1] and 727[2], that is exactly what the InnoDB
table type does.  They reset the counter to MAX + 1 after a server
restart.  Which breaks the numbering scheme used by Gerrit Code Review
for these counters.  I've opened a bug in Gerrit for this[3].

[1] http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=199
[2] http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=727
[3] http://code.google.com/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=518

--