Re: [egit-dev] Database error on push to EGit

"Zivkov, Sasa" <sasa.zivkov@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > What the heck is '1-1-1' from?
> shows that the primary key consists of (change_id, patch_set_id, position)
>
> So I assume that '1-1-1' is a string representation of the primary key (1,1,1) to be inserted
> and either there are two entries in the batch with the same '1-1-1' key or this key
> already exists in the patch_set_ancestors table.
>
> The question is how are these keys generated and if some counters/sequences were reset?

MySQL seems to have reset the auto increment column we use to assign
the unique change numbers.  NO CLUE WHY.

I just reset the counter to 500, skipping a gap just in case anything
was in flight.

The counter is actually implemented by inserting a row into an auto
increment table, and then deleting that row.  *Usually* this just
bumps the counter.  But it seems MySQL reset it back to 0 at some
point in recent history.  Maybe when webmaster restarted the server,
during server startup they reinitialize the in-memory counter to
MAX + 1?

--
Shawn.

Back to the top