Re: [egit-dev] UI tests: current SWTBot requires JUnit 4

2010/1/26 Igor Fedorenko <ifedorenko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Matthias Sohn wrote:
For the UI tests based on SWTBot posted by Robin [1] and improved by Ketan [2] we need to use JUnit 4 [3].
I am wondering if we should also update the other JUnit tests from JUnit 3.8 or are there any arguments against this ?

I tested combination of [1] and [2] successfully and would now like to bring this series forward.

If there are no objections I would rebase [1] and [2] to get rid of the unnecessary merge reformat the commit message
of [2] to follow our style and file CQs for Ketan's change (454 lines) and the SWTBot dependencies specified in [4] :

org.eclipse.swtbot.eclipse.finder;bundle-version="2.0.0"
org.eclipse.swtbot.eclipse.spy;bundle-version="2.0.0"
org.eclipse.swtbot.eclipse.ui;bundle-version="2.0.0"
org.eclipse.swtbot.swt.finder;bundle-version="2.0.0"
org.eclipse.swtbot.junit4_x;bundle-version="2.0.0"

org.apache.log4j;bundle-version="1.2.13"
org.hamcrest;bundle-version="1.1.0"
org.junit;bundle-version="4.3.1"

and then start working on
- getting rid of the dependency to the external git site [5]
- integration into the Maven build

Comments, thoughts ?

[1] http://egit.eclipse.org/r/#change,137
[2] http://egit.eclipse.org/r/#change,208