Re: [egit-dev] UI tests: current SWTBot requires JUnit 4

torsdagen den 28 januari 2010 18.42.39 skrev  Matthias Sohn:
> 2010/1/26 Shawn O. Pearce <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> > Chris Aniszczyk <zx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Ketan

> > JUnit 3.8

> > > I'm OK with the move to JUnit 4.
> >
> > ACK, EGit currently has very few tests.  Updating to JUnit 4
> > shouldn't be that difficult.
>
> I think apart from the CQ for Ketan's contribution Robin filed we also need
> to file CQs for usage
> of JUnit 4 and hamcrest.

Riight...

> I propose we go for the latest JUnit 4 version in Orbit which is 4.8.1.
> The proposed patch currently points at 4.3.1 which comes with Ganymede :
> http://egit.eclipse.org/r/#patch,unified,137,4,org.eclipse.egit.ui.test/MET
> A-INF/MANIFEST.MF

Our baseline is still Eclipse 3.4, which implies 4.3.1 (except for for the
http stuff for which we have no available update with the). Do we need CQ's
for every version? When we say 3.4.1 we may actually get 4.5.0 or 4.5.1
depending on what we have available. 4.5 is beter than 4.3.1 and compatible
to that is what we get when running from Eclipse.

Which brings up that issue too. Do we need CQ's there too. We don't distribute
the tests as deliverables yet, but that is probably irrelevant?

> In addition we need a CQ for org.hamcrest the only version in Orbit is 1.1

That is the version we use.

> Am I right here ?

I think so.

-- robin