Re: [egit-dev] UI tests: current SWTBot requires JUnit 4

2010/1/26 Shawn O. Pearce <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Chris Aniszczyk <zx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 4:23 PM, Matthias Sohn
> <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > For the UI tests based on SWTBot posted by Robin [1] and improved by Ketan
> > [2] we need to use JUnit 4 [3].
> > I am wondering if we should also update the other JUnit tests from JUnit 3.8
> > or are there any arguments against this ?
>
> I'm OK with the move to JUnit 4.

ACK, EGit currently has very few tests.  Updating to JUnit 4
shouldn't be that difficult.

I think apart from the CQ for Ketan's contribution Robin filed we also need to file CQs for usage
of JUnit 4 and hamcrest.

I propose we go for the latest JUnit 4 version in Orbit which is 4.8.1.
The proposed patch currently points at 4.3.1 which comes with Ganymede :
http://egit.eclipse.org/r/#patch,unified,137,4,org.eclipse.egit.ui.test/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF

In addition we need a CQ for org.hamcrest the only version in Orbit is 1.1

Am I right here ?

--
Matthias

Back to the top