Re: [egit-dev] How to build [EJ]Git?

Gunnar Wagenknecht <gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Am 06.01.2010 17:25, schrieb Shawn O. Pearce:
> > [...] but then you have
> > these dirty files that you can't ever overwrite.
>
> The SWT team actually has some projects where they put the ".project"
> file into the ignore file. When you checkout the project there are some
> ".project_XYZ" files. You simple take the one you want and copy it over
> to the ".project" file. Then your project is ready and auto-builds.
> No-one needs to install a plug-in or run Ant/Maven/PDE Build/Whatever
> for that.

That doesn't work when you want to import the projects from within
the IDE.  You need to do a manual step first.

If there is only one project in the checkout, fine.  If there are
two, that needs to be automated.  We're beyond two.

So we're back to needing a whatever to help you get things going.

--
Shawn.

Back to the top