Re: [egit-dev] How to build [EJ]Git?

As Jason has mentioned, we can teach m2e to enable pde nature for maven
projects quite easily. We actually have the code already, but still need
to decide the best way to provide it, i.e. you probably don't want to
fish all required features from several update sites...

In the mean time, the easiest is probably to check in
.project/.classpath files.

Igor

Shawn O. Pearce wrote:
Igor Fedorenko <ifedorenko@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Things get little bit more interesting if you want to have both jgit and
egit projects in the same workspace. In order to trick PDE to consider
jgit projects you need to do two things. First, you need to generate
bundle manifests by running jgit CLI build. Second, you need to add PDE
nature to o.e.jgit and o.e.jgit.junit projects.

Should we ask m2eclipse to do this?
Or should we restore the .project files, but this time with both
the PDE and m2eclipse natures enabled?

My problem with doing the latter is this forces you to install
m2eclipse in order to work with the projects.  I guess you could
always overwrite the .project files with `mvn eclipse:eclipse`
if you didn't want to use the m2eclipse plugin, but then you have
these dirty files that you can't ever overwrite.

Back to the top