Re: [egit-dev] How to build [EJ]Git?

On 2010-01-06 17:23, Shawn O. Pearce wrote:
Robin Rosenberg<robin.rosenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
onsdagen den 6 januari 2010 14.15.38 skrev  Thomas Hallgren:
Would you be interested in what Buckminster could do to build egit/jgit?
This conversation keeps going around in circles.  But.

I didn't actually try to use Buckminster to do the builds.
It might work.  In theory.

For JGit my requirements on the build process are basically:

* Stable build tool.  Alpha products which can't compile our simple
   code need not apply.

* Produce OSGi bundles for consumption by P2.
* Must use proper Import-Package lines in the manifest.

* Produce Maven pom files for consumption by Maven 2.x consumers.
* Must use proper<dependency>  lines so transient dependencies are
   correctly identified by consumer and used.

* Must run from command line.
* Must run from Hudson CI.
* Must not require baroque installation of itself.

* Must deploy artifacts to a Maven 2.x repository.
* Must deploy artifacts to a P2 repository.

* Must be documented well enough that a new contributor to JGit can
   "dig into" the build process and make changes if they need to.

I think Buckminster meets all your criteria. Creating a p2 update site is fairly straight forward. Deploying to a Maven 2.x repository would require one extra build step where the Buckminster Aggregator is involved.

The Git reader type for Buckminster is not yet finalized (it depends on egit/jgit and we need a bug fixed to provide better ui/headless separation) but if you help us with that, we can help you set up a good build.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Back to the top