Re: [egit-dev] Re: iplog for jgit/egit

If you can generate the log in the format defined by

http://www.eclipse.org/projects/xml/iplog.xsd

I would be ever-so-grateful. This it the format that I intend to move forward. It's also the format supported by the new generation of tooling that we're working on.

Let me know if the definition needs to change to accommodate Gerrit/Git.

Thanks,

Wayne

Shawn O. Pearce wrote:
"Shawn O. Pearce" <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
According to [1] section 1 and 2, information about a committer
or non-committer is only necessary to be reported so long as their
contributions are still active in the repository.  If their code has
been deleted and replaced, they should fall off the report.

I found the source for the automatic IP log [2].  Committers are
not dropped off the report automatically.

The same is true of the contributors, data is taken right from
bugzilla and there's no accounting for code that was removed.
[2] http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/www/projects/common/ip_log_common.php?revision=1.95&root=Eclipse_Website&view=markup

Long story short, I think I can get away with the simple case of
just reporting the summarized output of `git shortlog -nc -s`, and
in the case of a non-committer, include detailed records of line
count, bugzilla bug number, and subject line of the commit message.

I'm thinking of writing this as a Java program which produces an
XML file using JGit, and then we can transform the XML into HTML
using an XSLT.

I'm not a huge fan of XML and XSLT myself, but this seems like an
easy way to create a tool that webmaster can reuse as other projects
move to Git and lets me avoid formatting in the data gathering.

Back to the top