[egit-dev] Re: iplog for jgit/egit

"Shawn O. Pearce" <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> According to [1] section 1 and 2, information about a committer
> or non-committer is only necessary to be reported so long as their
> contributions are still active in the repository.  If their code has
> been deleted and replaced, they should fall off the report.

I found the source for the automatic IP log [2].  Committers are
not dropped off the report automatically.

The same is true of the contributors, data is taken right from
bugzilla and there's no accounting for code that was removed.

[2] http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/www/projects/common/ip_log_common.php?revision=1.95&root=Eclipse_Website&view=markup

Long story short, I think I can get away with the simple case of
just reporting the summarized output of `git shortlog -nc -s`, and
in the case of a non-committer, include detailed records of line
count, bugzilla bug number, and subject line of the commit message.

I'm thinking of writing this as a Java program which produces an
XML file using JGit, and then we can transform the XML into HTML
using an XSLT.

I'm not a huge fan of XML and XSLT myself, but this seems like an
easy way to create a tool that webmaster can reuse as other projects
move to Git and lets me avoid formatting in the data gathering.

--
Shawn.

Back to the top