[egit-dev] iplog for jgit/egit

We need to start thinking about the IP log for JGit and EGit if
we want to be part of the Helios release train.  I'm going to
write a script to pull the data out of Git (probably actually a
Java program that uses JGit!).

According to [1] section 1 and 2, information about a committer
or non-committer is only necessary to be reported so long as their
contributions are still active in the repository.  If their code has
been deleted and replaced, they should fall off the report.

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/project-log.php

The only way I can think to implement this is to gather blame
records for every file and use the blame data to derive the active
set of committers or developers who need to be reported on.  Am I
off base here?

How in the world does the foundation do this against CVS when the
CVS metadata does not have the non-committer atribution in the cvs
blame output?  Do current IP logs just lie here and get it wrong?

Also, when describing a non-committer contribution, if the original
commit added 150 lines, but a committer replaces 5 lines, do I
report in the IP log that the non-committer gave us 145 lines,
or do I report 150 lines?  My assumption is 150, because I can't
see how the current IP log tools can report 145 in this case off CVS.

--
Shawn.

Back to the top