Re: [egit-dev] iplog for jgit/egit

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 10:38 AM, Shawn O. Pearce <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> How in the world does the foundation do this against CVS when the
> CVS metadata does not have the non-committer atribution in the cvs
> blame output?  Do current IP logs just lie here and get it wrong?

There are two ways to do ip logs: manual and automated. I don't want
to talk about the manual way because it's evil.

The automated way [1] is generally controlled via bugzilla patches and
a bugzilla flag (iplog).

Since our plan is to use Gerrit, we need a way to dump information
from Gerrit and do something similar as we do in bugzilla.

[1] - http://wiki.eclipse.org/Development_Resources/Automatic_IP_Log#Using_the_Automated_IP_Log

Cheers,

--
Chris Aniszczyk | EclipseSource Austin | +1 860 839 2465
http://twitter.com/eclipsesource | http://twitter.com/caniszczyk

Back to the top